WHAT IS EMPLOYEE NEGLIGENCE?
Employee Negligence is one of the biggest cyber threats to small and medium sized businesses. Everything from opening random emails that contain phishing attacks, plugging virus-infected USBs into your hardware and having weak a password invites cyber criminals into your business.
How can it affect your business?
- Destroy your business brand or reputation
- Shut down your business and keep you offline while the issue is being sorted
- Your customers' data becomes compromised
- Hard drives and business critical information could be deleted
First steps towards being protected
- Limit admin user access to an essential few only
- Enforce strong password policies, especially on mobile devices
- Create a checklist of best cyber security practices (or use ours)
- Train your workforce on how to recognise a cyber attack and what to do if one happens
- Have a response plan in place if you experience a data breach
ASSESS YOUR RISK
Answer a few questions for an assessment of your level of risk.Start now
Learn more about Cyber Threats
Cyber threats are a risk of doing business in our digital world. They include everything from rogue tweets made by employees that cause reputational damage, to hardware or infrastructure failure resulting in data loss, and even malicious malware and viruses that leave your digital systems crippled.Find out more