What is malware?
Malware is malicious software designed to access your systems or steal data such as financial information, credit card numbers, passwords, and other sensitive information from you and your customers. Malware can be installed unknowingly by opening effected emails, clicking links or it can be attached in software.
How can it affect your business?
- Disable your services and attack company websites
- Gain access to confidential and sensitive business data
- Lead to data loss and theft of personal information about your business, customer and employee information
- Leave your systems vulnerable to future attacks
First steps towards being protected
- Don’t open attachments or links in suspicious emails or unknown sources
- Educate staff to recognise signs of phishing emails and how to browse online responsibly
- Update your software regularly and install firewall, anti-spyware and anti-virus software across your network
ASSESS YOUR RISK
Answer a few questions for an assessment of your level of risk.Start now
Learn more about Cyber Threats
Cyber threats are a risk of doing business in our digital world. They include everything from rogue tweets made by employees that cause reputational damage, to hardware or infrastructure failure resulting in data loss, and even malicious malware and viruses that leave your digital systems crippled.Find out more